Domaine de la Solitude ‘La Solitude’ 2017 Côtes-du-Rhône
Winemaker Notes: Fresh, clean fruit with elegant tannins, this wine is an ideal dinner party companion. Pairs with charcuterie, cheeses and classic meat stew effortlessly. 50% Grenache, 40% Syrah, 10% Mourvèdre
Located in the heart of the appellation, in the La Solitude lieu-dit, just on the western edge of the La Crau plateau, Domaine de la Solitude has been in the Lançon family for generations (the estate was created in the 17th century). Today, the winemaking reins are in the hands of the young, yet incredibly talented Florent Lançon, who has a green thumb when comes to growing just about anything (ask to see his greenhouse if you visit!)”
• After sorting, the grape bunches are destemmed, crushed and put into the tanks.
• Temperature controlled maceration for about one month with daily pumping over and punching down of the cap, followed by pneumatic pressing with separation of the free-run juice from the press juice.
• The malolactic fermentation occurs soon after the completion of alcoholic fermentation.
• Aging occurs in vats for a period of 8 months, with wines from the different vineyard parcels and different grape varieties kept separate.
• Blending does not occur until after the aging period.